Missing the Forest for the Trees
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Are you guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Sometimes I get so caught up in following the rules that I slip into the mode of looking at but not really seeing my children. I tend to focus so much on surface issues, catching every mistake they make, that I forget to look at the heart behind their actions.

Once my daughter wrote a paper using bad spelling and poor grammar. I got so caught up in the mechanics of her mistakes that I didn’t really read the message of her paper. She had written about wanting to go to Africa and work in an orphanage.

Yes, spelling and grammar are important, but in light of eternity what really matters is her heart. So, I’m trying to take time now see beyond the surface more often. Let me encourage you to capture a moment today where you really see someone else. Look beyond their mistakes to see their heart.
For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained; by Lysa TerKeurst

Be Your Child’s Greatest Cheerleader”, ETC Aug 2004


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits