Decorating on a Budget
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Amanda Waldrop with Renee Swope

I love to decorate…and re-decorate my home! But I don’t have an unlimited budget so I have to get creative with what I already have. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I recently read that the secret to affordable decorating is “creative seeing: learning to see new possibilities in your old stuff, beautiful uses for your ordinary stuff, and easy transformations for stuff you like but don’t know what to do with.”

To save money, I try to pick out accessories, and materials that are timeless and multi-functional. I’ve also discovered that I need to reduce junk by weeding through it. My trash may be someone else’s treasures. I also look in magazines for ways to use older things so I can creatively decorate my home with something I already have. I also try to recycle things that have multiple purposes like baskets and glassware and fabric.

For more ideas on how to design your home on a budget by reducing, reusing, and recycling, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Designing Your Home on a Budget by Emilie Barnes and Yoli Brogger

Money Lessons, Free Devotion by Sharon Glasgow


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits