Keeping Your Head Up
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

It’s hard to keep your head up when the world’s gettin’ you down! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. If you’re feeling a little run down today, you’re not alone. We’ve all been there. And, since I find myself in this spot often, I’ve realized things are a lot better for me and my family if I can take a little time to get refreshed and refocused. Here are some things that work for me:

I watch a funny show or talk with a friend who makes me laugh. Then I don’t take myself so seriously. I take a Bible break and dig into a special verse and try to unearth its hidden treasures.
Another thing I like to do is read a book that challenges me to think on a deeper level. Or, I head to my favorite bookstore, grab a cup of coffee and explore all the different books. And, finally, a good chick flick always does the trick. I laugh, cry, and run home to kiss my hubby.

For more ideas, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained; by Lysa TerKeurst

“Coming Out of the Dark”, ETC Feb 2004, by Mary Southerland


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits