God’s Silence
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Amanda Waldrop with Renee Swope

Do you ever feel like God isn’t answering your prayers? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Sometimes I pray and ask God for something and He seems silent.

Author Priscilla Shirer says that even though God is more than able to act, sometimes He demonstrates His power and strengthens us by His silence.

I’m sure there are many reasons for God to remain silent. Sometimes His timing is simply different than mine. Other times, I think He wants me to realize that I’m praying simply to get something from Him rather than to be close to Him. The hard part is when I’m doing my best to follow him and I expect Him to reward me with an immediate and clear answer. Often though, I discover that the solution isn’t found in His answer to my problem but in the time I’ve spent with Him trying to find the answer. If you’re walking in God’s ways but still can’t hear His voice, don’t lose heart – trust that He hears you and He’ll respond in His perfect timing. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

He Speaks to Me, by Priscilla Shirer

“Hearing God”, ETC Oct 2004, by Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits