Temper Tantrums
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Jill Tracey and Renee Swope

Have you ever felt like throwing a temper tantrum? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When my son was a toddler he developed the habit of throwing himself on the floor when things didn’t go his way. It just about drove me crazy! My husband and I tried to be patient and teach him ways to tell us what was wrong. In time he learned, but initially his natural instinct was to start fussing until he got his way.

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but there’re times when things aren’t going my way that I throw my own version of a temper tantrum. Now, I don’t lie on the floor and kick my feet, but it does come out in the way I talk to my husband or kids in a harsh tone, or when I hurry through the house in rushed chaos. Sometimes I wonder what God must think of my own little temper tantrums. I am so glad He’s patient and always willing to teach me how to ask for what I need. How about you? If you’d like help in turning to God for your needs, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Breathe, by Keri Wyatt Kent

“Anger Management”, ETC March 2004, by Rachel Olsen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits