Portion Sizes
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer:
Tracie Miles

My son Andrew loves chocolate ice cream. He’d eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I’d let him! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Andrew doesn’t only love chocolate ice cream, but he begs for us to let him eat it out of the carton, instead of eating a few scoops in a bowl. Why, because he doesn’t want his portion of ice cream to be limited. He wants to eat to his heart’s content! I wish I had a hunger for God and a desire to read my Bible that compared to Andrew’s hunger for ice cream.

Just imagine how much we’d learn about God if we were always willing to jump in and gobble up as much of His wisdom and promises as we could! It’d be a great indulgence because we could eat all we wanted and never gain weight! Let’s ask God to increase our desire for Him. I bet He’d be glad to answer that prayer!! For more encouragement in your relationship with God, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

An Attitude of Gratitude”, Micca Monda Campbell, November 2004, ETC Corner

Helpful Hints For An Enriched Bible Study”, Janet Burke, September 2005, ETC Corner

Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God by Sharon Jaynes


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits