Cooking from the Heart
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers:
Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Cooking can be a great way to show God’s love to others. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. As I’ve tried to become a more godly woman, I’ve been challenged to graciously open my arms to help others. One way I’ve found to do this is by sometimes making extra food when I cook.

Since I participate in a cooking co-op with two other families, I’m already making a lot of food once a week. So, cooking for another family really isn’t that much more work. It allows me to bless friends who may be struggling financially, welcoming a new baby, or just going through hard times. You know, Jesus often expressed His desire for His followers to reach out to others in love. Part of doing this requires us to be servants. The other part requires us to interact with people emotionally and spiritually. Cooking helps me do both. So, how can you reach out? To learn more, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Homespun Memories for the Heart by Karen Ehman, Kelly Hovermale & Trish Smith

“Meal Swapping”, Trish Berg, September 2005, ETC Corner

“Beyond Our Own Back Yard”, Lysa Terkeurst, May 18, 2006, Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits