Take a Day to Rest and Refocus
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’m stressed, I’m stressed, I’m really really stressed! It’s the day after Christmas and there is still too much to do! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I thought things would be better, more settled after Christmas Day had come and gone. But now, there are after holiday sales, decorations to be put up and Christmas tree needles galore! Oh, where did I hide that vacuum cleaner so our company wouldn’t trip over it? Can you relate? Maybe we could all use a day to simply rest and refocus. Resist the temptation to hit the ground running the day after Christmas. Stay at home, light a candle, play some soft music, take a bubble bath and enjoy putting your gifts away. Maybe you could even find joy in writing a thank you note or two. But whatever you do, slow down and tell those closest to you that you loved having the privilege to spend Christmas with them. For more sanity-saving ideas, visit Proverbs31.org and I’ll see you there.

Related Resources:

Breathe by Keri Wyatt Kent

Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer by Cheri Fuller

Ready To Quit”, Sharon Glasgow, July 6, 2006, Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits