Unwrapping His Presence
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My home was full of people; my living room was full of gifts! My stomach was full of food! So why did I feel so EMPTY? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

One Christmas afternoon I found myself asking these questions. I opened my Bible and asked God to show me what was wrong. I read the story of Jesus’ birth where it describes Mary covering Jesus in cloths and placing Him in the manger. I closed my eyes and imagined Mary’s hands wrapping the gift of God’s Son. I realized that Jesus was just like the gifts I had wrapped and placed under my tree – but He was still there – waiting to be opened. In the midst of all the holiday activities, I had forgotten to unwrap the most important gift of all – the gift of God’s presence found in Jesus. Just like that first Christmas, God offers the same gift today - His presence, His peace, His love. Don’t forget to unwrap that most important gift of all. For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

The Christmas Story by G.A.Myers

Celebrating Christ at Christmas”, December 2004, ETC Corner

Into the Word”, December 2004, ETC Corner


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits