Overwhelmed!
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Help, I’m overwhelmed! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I felt overwhelmed by deadlines to meet, things to do before an out-of- town trip, and hormones robbing me of sleep! I thought about a man in the Bible who also went through a really hard time. His name was Gideon and he felt consumed by his weaknesses, too, which made him feel inadequate and afraid. One day while Gideon was hiding from his enemies, God’s angel came to give him a huge assignment. He promised Gideon that God would be with him and give him the strength he needed. Well, Gideon defeated his enemies and his fears. That story helped me realize that whatever I faced, God would be there to help me, too. We may not always be able to do all that we want to do - when we want to do it - but with God by our side, we can do everything He wants us to do!

Related Resources:

Ready To Quit”, Sharon Glasgow, July 6, 2006, Devotion

Breathe by Keri Wyatt Kent

Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer by Cheri Fuller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits