If I Could Go Back In Time
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I wish I could go back in time to my wedding day! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Remembering back I see a young couple that had no clue what the vows they took meant. It’s just what the pastor said so they repeated it. They felt in love. It felt right.

If I could go back, I’d warn that bride that you don't feel your way into love. You choose it. I’d tell her to look at the Bible passage from the ceremony not as a wish list of how she should be treated by her groom, but as choices to make. Instead of, “Love is patient; love is kind; it keeps no record of wrongs…"

I’d have her think this, “We’re deciding that our love will be kind. We’ll work toward making our love patient. And we’ll choose not to keep a record of wrongs."

But, time travel isn’t an option. So, I’ll just start from here and choose to love my husband the way I want him to love me. For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Check out Lysa's Resources

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, By Lysa Terkeurst

Made To Crave, by Lysa Terkeurst

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to
keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog
(well, almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed
what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Review my homepage Forex Steam Review

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits