Power Of A Parent's Prayer
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A couple of weeks ago my daughter told me she wanted to quit a sport she’s enjoyed for ten years! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I've always told my daughter that to stay in gymnastics she had to want it for herself and that I would never push her. But ten years is a big investment on her part and ours. So, I prayed that God would give us all wisdom. Two days later, we ran into a girl that had graduated and gotten a full college scholarship with gymnastics.

She offered to take Ashley out to dinner and talk to her about whether or not the necessary sacrifices were worth it. Ashley came home from that dinner with a fresh vision and renewed commitment. Not only does she not want to quit but she wants to one day go to that same college. Coincidence? I don't think so. It’s the power of prayer.

For more on wisdom based parenting click on today’s show at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Check out Lysa's Resources

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, By Lysa Terkeurst

Made To Crave, by Lysa Terkeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits