Misunderstood
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Wendy Pope and Renee Swope

Misunderstood: that’s how I’ve felt many times in 15 years of marriage! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I remember in our pre-marriage counseling hearing how important communication is. So, JJ and I have tried hard to communicate, but I still feel misunderstood sometimes.

Not long ago we had a great talk. I thought I was making headway in helping my husband understand me. He responded with a big hug and I was sure my thoughts were understood and appreciated. Later that week, I made the mistake of asking my husband if he really understood what I was saying the other night. Well, instead of getting upset because he didn’t remember our conversation, I summed it up for him and we laughed.

If being misunderstood is the problem, what’s the answer? The answer is to show grace even when I don't feel like it and demonstrate love when it seems I have none to give. After all, Jesus offers both to me everyday.

For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits