Feeling Emotional
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Renee Swope and Rachel Olsen

Yesterday I woke up to find my child was sick, again. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

He’d been sick for 5 weeks. I thought we were finally done with germy tissues and Clorox wipes. I was so frustrated as I thought about all I was supposed to accomplish. But, I also felt sorry for my son. And I felt guilty that I wasn’t handling it well. My emotions were controlling everything.

Later as I looked through the Bible for some help, I found these words Jesus said to His closest friends: Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.

Jesus was about to die and He knew His death would make his friends feel sad, scared, and doubtful. So, he encouraged them to trust GOD. You know, Jesus speaks the same words to us. He tells us to not let our emotions create a troubled heart. Instead, He tells us to trust Him and focus on Him.

For more encouragement in balancing your emotions, visit proverbs31.org

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits