Know Whose You Are
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Melanie Chitwood

We may know who we are, but do we know whose we are? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Melanie chuckled as she listened to her five-year-old give a very detailed answer when someone at church asked his name. He said, I am “Zachary Patrick Chitwood, son of Scott Joseph Chitwood.” Melanie wasn’t sure why Zachary responded that way. She’d certainly never heard this answer before, but she liked it! It let her know that Zachary knew whose he was!

Melanie’s story is a great reminder for me. The truth is sometimes I forget who I belong to. I forget that God alone gives me my identity instead of my past, my feelings, or others’ disapproval. And, you know, the more I grow in my relationship with Jesus, the more I understand that those other definitions are not the truth. The truth is: I am Renee Swope, a daughter of God!

For more encouragement click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits