Embracing Who I Am
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Ten years ago I sat in a seminar listening to a very organized mom talk about parenting her kids. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I decided I stunk as a mother and begged God to make me just like this woman who I thought was Super Mom!

I continued to feel this way until one day when I read the story of Mary, the teenaged mother of Jesus, and something stuck out to me. Just as she was, God chose this girl to be Jesus’ mother. And the only qualification she seemed to have was her willingness.

I was spending so much time comparing myself to others when all I really needed to do was give God my willingness to be a mother.

If you’ve ever struggled with a desire to be the perfect mom, employee, or volunteer, you know what I’m talking about. Maybe it’s time that we stop unfairly comparing ourselves to others, realize our own great qualities and just be fully ourselves.

For more visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl
by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits