To Serve or Be Served
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Wendy Pope and Renee Swope

Would you rather serve or be served? Hi, I'm Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Once while my friend, Wendy, was watching her kids play she realized her son, Griffin, was missing. Just when she started to look for him, he walked up the driveway with a rather large spoonful of peanut butter. "Mommy, look what I brought for you!" He said. "I brought one for Alexis and Liam, too."

Wendy couldn't help but notice how Griffin was acting like Jesus who came not to be served but to serve others. Griffin was so happy that he had something to give to his friends.

You know, I'm not always so excited to serve others. Sometimes I think, "Hey, I have needs! When is it mom's turn to be served?" But, Griffin's story reminds me that I can actually find joy in serving the people around me.

For more encouragement, sign up for Proverbs 31 Ministries free email devotions at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Pre-order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits