Pep Talk for Life
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently my husband sat down to have a little pep talk with one of our daughters. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My daughter was about to compete in the state gymnastics meet and what he said will go down in my book as one of the greatest moments of our parenting adventure so far."Ashley, your mom and I love you and are already proud of you... no matter what happens with your scores.

Remember what we've talked about all season.Build a solid foundation by practicing hard. Give all you can and hold nothing back. Focus on what's in front of you. One practice at a time, one meet at a time.And, wrap it all in good sportsmanship. Who you are is more important than what you are.

Pretty powerful, huh? You know, I think I’ll try to apply some of this to my life as well. For more life encouragement, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free Devotion, A Former Couch Potato Runs The Race, by Amy Carroll

6 Habits of Highly Effective Christians, Brian Anderson and Glynnis Whitwer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits