Can you hear me now?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

The other night my son was telling me that he was planning to buy a new cell phone. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I listened to him lay out his grand plan and realized he was about to get himself in a mess financially. So, I took my son on a quick mental journey of what life will be like in a few years when he’s on his own.

Let's say he gets a job making $10 an hour, working 40 hours, which would give him $400 a week with an approximate monthly income of $1600.

Then the deductions…

Tithing

Taxes

Rent

A Car Payment

And by the time we got to gas money he was at $0.

"Mom, where's my money for food, clothes and my new cell phone?"

"I don't know son. Maybe you should use your current phone to download a ring tone with the song "Back to Life- Back to Reality."

For more parenting tips, log on to Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free Devotion, Gutter Free, by Luann Prater

Authentic Parenting in a Post Modern Culture, by Mary DeMuth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits