Loving instead of Judging
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Melanie Chitwood

I’ve been thinking about how easy it is to misunderstand and judge others. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Lately I’ve been aware of some of the unspoken yardsticks by which I measure others, like: A good mom doesn't let her kids watch too much TV and doesn’t scream at her kids.

But then there's Jesus who turns these notions upside down when He says, “The greatest of these is love." What if, instead of self-righteousness, we offered love? It would sound like this: "Being a mom can be exhausting. Do you want me to come over and watch your kids so you can have a break?”

The Bible reminds me that I’m supposed to love, not judge and God’s challenging me to examine my thoughts of others. He wants us to come alongside others and help carry their burdens, rather than adding to them with criticism.

For more encouragement, click on Everyday Life at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Free Devotion, Love Covers, by Melanie Chitwood

A Love Worth Giving, by Max Lucado


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits