Passing on Our Story
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

I’m always surprised at how interested my kids are in the story of how I met their Dad!

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Recently a radio station was asking people to call in with the story of how they met their spouse. So, I decided to tell my kids how JJ and I met and some of the funny things that happened while we dated. My boys ate it up! They loved hearing all the details.

This reminded me of how important my marriage is to my kids. Telling the story of how mom and dad met and when we decided to get married seems like just a fun way to pass time when we’re running errands. But, I think it goes deeper than that. I think knowing our story reassures my kids that JJ and I really love each other and are committed to staying together no matter what.

And, I think that makes my boys feel more secure as they face all the uncertainties that come their way every day!

For more ideas, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Join us for more free Everyday Life encouragement

A Walk to Remember: Living and Leaving a Legacy of Faith (DVD) by Renee Swope


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits