Overcoming Failure
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I’ve found the best way to overcome failure is to do something I’m good at! Hi I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently someone criticized the way I did something and I started feeling inadequate and discouraged.

Finally, I decided to do something constructive – something I knew I was good at. I took the emotions that made me feel like a failure and poured them into something God has equipped me to do well. I marched into my laundry room and folded towels, socks and shirts for my family. Then I planned our menu for the week, wrote it on our calendar and went grocery shopping.

I know that sounds simple, but by doing something physical and something for others, I replaced my negative emotions with positive steps of action. I took my eyes and my energy off something I didn’t do well and put them into a goal I knew I could achieve. I overcame my failure – and my laundry got done! For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Free Devotion, Feeling Different, By Lauren Boggess

Beautiful in Gods Eyes, by Elizabeth George


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits