My Big Ankles
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I have a high school memory that haunted me for years. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. There was a boy I totally had a crush on.

One day he told me that he thought I was pretty cute, but it’s too bad I have bad ankles or otherwise we might be able to go out. Excuse me? Big ankles? Well, although the memory can still sting at times, I eventually matured past my ankles bothering me.

Healthy eating and exercising gets our bodies into better shape, but we’re not supposed to find the satisfaction our souls desire from our looks. These days, I’m learning to thank God for making me just the way He made me. After all, I’ve never twisted my big ankle, and that’s a good thing! I realize the only true satisfaction we can find is to simply honor Him with the bodies He gave us!

If you’re trying to get healthy right now, be inspired by clicking on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits