When My Mean Girl Tries to Come Out
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Do you ever have days where someone tries to rip the joy right out of your life? I do. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries and these days can be so hard. I find myself in a battle. The good girl part of my brain says, “Be nice. Honor Jesus with your actions. Your response is your responsibility. Self control, Lysa, self control.”

But the mean girl part of my brain says, “How dare they act that way! I’ll show them!”

One part of me says throw up a prayer. The other says throw a fit.

But God.

I love how those two words interrupt me. Redirect me. Remind me. Comfort me. And defeat the mean girl in me. In whatever aggravating situation I’m in, I’ve learned that my joy can only be stolen if I let it.

For more visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits