A Parable for Your Child
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

My kids won’t want to meet Jesus unless they see the reality of Him in my life. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. One thing I’ve discovered over the years is that for my kids to learn who Jesus really is and the difference He can make in their lives, they first have to know the differences He’s made in mine.

One way I help them see how a relationship with Jesus has changed me is by sharing my life stories. As I tell these stories over and over I’m able to point out God’s hand at work – shaping me along the way for my life today.

Some children struggle to remember a passage of scripture but can often recall the details of a story. I think that’s why Jesus taught with parables. So, if you’re trying to help your kids learn who Jesus really is, maybe you can start by sharing stories of who He is to you. For more ideas on leading your children to Christ, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

Why Don’t We Pray Together?, a free devotion by Holly Good

Love Notes in Lunchboxes by Linda Gilden


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits