Time Flies

Radio Hostess: Renee Swope

Contributing Writers: Jill Tracey

Why can’t time fly when I’m not having fun? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day I was running on the treadmill and was sure I’d been huffing and puffing for at least 15 minutes. When I checked the timer only five minutes had passed! I was so disappointed! Why does time go slowly when I’m exercising and fast when I’m talking on the phone, playing with my kids, or watching a good movie? I guess it’s true…time only flies when you’re having fun!

As I continued jogging, I started to wonder about my time with God. Does it fly by or drag on? Do I see reading my Bible and praying as things I have to do, or do I enjoy spending time with God? Honestly, it depends on the day. In any case, whether it’s easy or hard to get started, I do always feel better when I’m done, just like after my workout! For more encouragement, sign up for our free devotions at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Renee’s Blog

Keeping Myself in the Bible, Free devotion by Renee Swope and Jill Tracey

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Curriculum and Leaders Guide by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits