Desperately Determined

Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I’d been trying to find my son’s teacher since the last day of school. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

This teacher was really special so I wanted to personally deliver her wedding gift before she got married and moved away. Finally, we made plans to meet. She gave me directions and said to call when we got there.

When we got there I realized I’d forgotten her phone number. I didn’t have her apartment number either. There we sat in front of a three-story building with 24 apartments to choose from!

So, I got my husband and two sons to go door-to-door, while I drove around in case she came out another building.

The next day I told some friends about my desperate search. Some laughed, a few confessed to their own acts of desperation, but one reminded me that Jesus was just as determined to find us! Compelled by love alone, He wanted to personally deliver the gift of His life and His love to us! For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Renee’s Blog

Room Enough For Jesus Free devotion by Micca Campbell

His Princess, Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits