Following Instructions

Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst

Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop


How good are you at following instructions? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. As a mom, I often find myself in the role of a teacher. I love teaching my kids how to do new things whether that means instructing them on how to tie their shoes or on how to figure out a difficult math problem. I try to guide them according to what’s right and rejoice with them when they succeed. But my instructions will only help them if they’re willing to follow them.


Our Heavenly Father is a teacher too, and the Bible contains His instructions for us. If we’re willing to receive it’s teaching the Bible can help us succeed in doing what’s right and best for us. But, just as we discipline our children when they disobey - if we refuse to listen to God, He might discipline us. So, let’s be teachable today and enjoy the good things that come from following God’s instructions! For more encouragement, log on to proverbs31.org.


Related Resources

Visit Lysa’s Blog


The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst


The Gift of Prayer, Free devotion by Renee Swope


Into the Word, Free devotion by Rachel Olsen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits