Asking For Help
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

What do you do after you’ve had an argument with someone you love? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.The other day my mom and I had a really hard conversation. We both said things that hurt each other’s feelings, and walked away regretting the whole thing. Hours after we apologized, I still felt bad.

I wanted to get my mind off the argument so I went to buy a book I’d been wanting to read and stopped to get something to eat on the way home. When I got back I started reading and eating. But my conversation with my mom kept replaying in my mind. I thought about what I should’ve said and how I should’ve handled it differently. Then I realized I hadn’t even stopped to talk to Jesus about what He thought – or ask for His help in the situation. I was just trying to figure things out on my own and I wasn’t getting anywhere.

I’m so glad God’s waiting to help me every time I blow it! For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God by Lisa Harper

Just a Little Heart Cleaning, Free devotion by T. Suzanne Eller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits