The Shuttle Bus
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I got on a shuttle bus on Monday in Chicago, and sat across from a white haired gentleman who seemed really sad. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

We were two strangers on a bus in the rush of a morning. But I felt compelled to say hello and ask what brought him to Chicago.

Had had been visiting his niece named Catherine who was dying of bone cancer and he was her only living relative. "Sir, I will pray for your Catherine." I whispered. "Thank you so much," he said quietly.

He smiled and got off the bus. And, suddenly, I felt less tired. Less spent and more content, somehow.

Because a man I don't know and a dying niece I'll never meet were the perfect opportunity for me to show that Jesus cares. Wherever you go today, remember that Jesus can use even our small gestures in big ways!

For more, click on Lysa’s blog at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits