Priorities
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

It’s so easy to say that I make reading my Bible a priority every day but, if I’m honest, sometimes life’s demands distract me. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Have you ever struggled making time for daily Bible reading? Well, I learned a great lesson through something I taught my daughter. Day after day, I would have to remind her to feed our dogs.

Then one day it occurred to me to implement a rule in her life that would hold her accountable. “Brooke, you aren’t allowed to eat your breakfast until you’ve fed the dogs theirs.” This rule worked! And it made me think about a rule I needed to implement. “Lysa, you aren’t allowed to turn on your computer until you’ve read God’s word first.”

And, it’s a great rule for me. What’s something you find distracting you and keeping you from spending time with God? Maybe this simple rule could help you as well. For more ideas on connecting with God, go to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits