A Stay Cool Mom
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever been so frustrated with your kids that you totally lost your cool? Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. My kids would answer that question about me with a big ol’ yes.

It’s not that I want to lose my cool. It’s just that with five different kids all needing constant attention and correction my emotions can get pushed to the brink sometimes. So, I’ve been giving this a lot of thought and have discovered something. I have to think ahead about the consequences I’ll give when one of my kid’s acts defiant or disrespectful. I can take away a toy, an iPod, or the privilege of hanging out with friends. The point is to plan ahead for consequences that scream so I don’t have to.

For more ways to be a mom who keeps her cool by visiting Proverbs31 Ministries on-line. You’ll find daily messages and blogs written by women who know what you’re going through at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits