Pinches and Grace
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I wanted to pinch the two girls sitting in the front row at church. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs31 Ministries. My daughter and her friend weren't acting the way I wanted them to.

Suddenly, an annoying little thought started to tug at the corners of my mind. "You want your children to act perfectly because it makes you look good. Let that go. They don't need to be sitting up straight to hear God's message. This is a beautiful time for grace."

Soon my daughter's friend looked back at me. Despite my feelings, I smiled, winked, and gave her a little wave.

Then that wiggly, usually not very affectionate, middle schooler got out of her seat. She walked down the aisle, five rows back, and gave me a hug that preached a thousand sermons right then and there.

Oh how crucial it is for me as a mom to ask God for moment by moment wisdom. For more mom encouragement, check out our daily blogs at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
For more ideas to add grace to you motherhood click here

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits