My Goal as a Mom
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

This parenting thing can be so stinkin' hard. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. There are no textbook answers. It's a moment by moment balancing act between loving, molding, modeling, loving some more, and figuring out how and when to discipline.

Only God can prepare me with the wisdom and discernment necessary for each and every parenting moment. So, through a lot of prayer and reading God’s parenting wisdom in the Bible, I have to stay close to Him- ask Him- rely on Him-cry out to Him- and make Him the basis for my parenting.

My goal should never be to raise kids that make me look good. Even though I want this sometimes! My goal should be to raise kids who love God and spend their lives making His goodness known in their corner of the world.

If you’ve been looking for encouragement along your parenting journey log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Woman Magazine

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits