Careless Words Are Costly
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Careless words can be costly. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. “A landmark study suggests friendships between women are special. They shape who we are and who we are yet to be. They soothe our troubles, fill the emotional gaps in our marriage, and help us remember who we really are.”

What a gift! Why would we ever want to trade the beauty of all that friendship offers for just a few careless words?

The Bible says, “Don’t let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Oh how this challenges me to really think about the words I speak. My words should be helpful, considerate, and encouraging.

My friendships are special and worthy of my very best words. For more friendship encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst

Encouragement for Today


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits