All Caulked Up
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Is it really that important to read the Bible everyday? Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I was reminded of how crucial it is for me to read the Bible everyday through a set of rather strange circumstances. A couple of years ago the toilet in our upstairs bathroom overflowed causing part of the kitchen ceiling below to collapse. What a mess!

The repair man told us that the reason the water escaped and caused so much damage is that the caulking was old and cracked. He re-caulked the bathroom and encouraged us to maintain this regularly. Would you believe just one year later that same toilet overflowed? Only this time no water escaped and no ceilings fell in. The caulking was secure.

God’s words are like caulking in my brain preventing damaging thoughts from running rampant and making me feeling like me to read the Bible everyday, it’s crucial.

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Woman Magazine

Encouragement for Today


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits