Pausing
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently I discovered that when mom’s away, those left behind will tend to play. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day when I got home from a speaking at a weekend conference, I was greeted with chores only half done, wet laundry left in the washing machine and my favorite drying rack broken into many pieces. Why is it that the people we love the most can sometimes frustrate us so much? Lately I’ve been learning a new way to handle my aggravations. Every time I’m pushed to the point where I want to raise my voice and let my head spin around three times, I try to pause for a second or two. But oh what a battle this can be! If I can manage to pause, God can interrupt my natural response and redirect me. I’ve discovered that when my irritations start to get the best of me, pausing becomes much easier each time I try it. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Shes Gonna Blow!, by Julie Ann Barnhill

The Mother I Want To Be, free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits