Taking My Kids on a Date
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I think it’s time I went on a date… with my kids! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Everyday life in our home can get so hectic. With 5 kids, two dogs, work that needs to be done and scheduling everyone’s activities, life seems to fly by at warp speed. But every now and then I’ll hit the pause button on life and take one of my kids out on a date. The one on one time has proven to be some of the best chances to talk and get an idea on what’s really going on behind the scenes in each of my kid’s lives. Sometimes these dates happen spontaneously while grabbing a cup of coffee at the local coffee house. Other times, we’ll schedule something on the calendar weeks in advance giving us both something to look forward to. Either way, doing dates with my kids is one of my favorite ways to say to them… you are special. You are important. For more mom encouragement, go to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s blog

Relationships, free devotion by Melissa Taylor

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits