Handprints of Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Renee Myers, She Speaks Graduate

How quickly do I wash off the handprints my kids leave on my walls and windows? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My friend, another Renee, came home from a weekend with her kids visiting her mother-in-law, Jeanette. While they were talking on the phone weeks later, Jeanette told Renee, “I haven’t washed the windows since you and the kids were here. I love seeing my grandson’s handprints and can’t bring myself to wash them off.”

Renee knew Jeanette was a great housekeeper who liked everything clean, but she decided to forfeit perfection so she could preserve the memories of her grandchild being in her home.

Hmmm…I could learn a lot from her. I get so busy trying to be a good mom and keeping up with everything that I overlook those precious “handprint moments” with my own sons. I guess this encourages me to stand back and cherish them just like Jeanette did.
For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

A Grandparents Faith, free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

Walk With Me Today Lord, by Emilie Barnes

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits