What Matters Most?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Saying no can be really hard for me! Hi, I'm Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Every time I turn around there are more opportunities to get involved in different activities. But, I’ve got to be careful not to over commit so I’ve been looking for ways to decide how to spend my time. In her book, Only Angels Can Wing It, Liz Curtis Higgs offers a few questions I can ask myself before taking on something new.

The first question is - will this activity really matter to me in a week? How about a month from now? Does it satisfy a need for me or for someone I love? Or is there somebody who does this activity better than I do that would be excited to have this opportunity?

Now I don’t go through these questions every time I make a decision. But, when something requires extra time, money, energy or emotions, asking these questions helps me make wise decisions.

For more ideas on balancing your commitments, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

White Noise, free devotion by Susanne Scheppman

Running on Empty, by Aaron Chambers

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits