Clean House, Clean Heart
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope with Tracie Miles

I was so tired of tripping over shoes, stray hangers, and dirty clothes! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. After hours of sorting clothes and throwing out the junk, I stepped back to admire my clean closet!

I usually avoid cleaning as long as I can, but the more I neglect it, the worse things get and the longer it takes to clean up the clutter. And, you know, my heart can be the same way.

It’s easy to let impatience; unforgiveness and worry clutter up my heart. And the longer I let it stay that way the more of a mess I end up with in my thoughts and in my relationships. King David in the Bible knew where to turn when His heart needed de-cluttering. He asked God to give him a clean heart, and the desire to keep it pure. I love knowing that it’s not just up to me to keep my heart clean but I can actually turn to God for help!

For more encouragement from Proverbs 31 Ministries, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Clean House, Clean Heart Free Devotion by Tracie Miles

Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God, by Sharon Jaynes

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits