One of Those Days
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

It was one of those weeks that seemed almost unbearable! Hi, I'm Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Last week I was struggling with a situation and when I’m stressed I often stop paying attention to other people. I’ll just go through the motions of being cordial but not really reaching out to anyone. Following Jesus’ example of compassion can be hard when I’m going through a difficult situation of my own.

A friend suggested that I read the book of Ephesians in the Bible. As I read, I realized that I needed to look outside of myself and my circumstances and look for opportunities to show love to others.

So I reached out and helped a recently widowed friend and listened to another friend who’s struggling in her marriage. And, you know what? Looking beyond my own situation helped me feel better in spite of my own tough circumstances. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
P31 Woman Magazine

A Life That Says Welcome, by Karen Ehman

Extreme Makeover Meets the Real World, by Kelli Regan

Visit Lysa’s blog

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits