I Thought You were Perfect
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I walked into church with such a heavy heart. I’d gotten into a disagreement with my husband just before leaving home, and in an angry, regrettable moment, stormed off. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I found myself sitting alone, thinking I don’t belong here. I looked around the church and mistakenly thought, Everyone else has it so together. But then a friend sat beside me and in a huff confessed she’d had an argument with her husband, too. Wow. The reality is no one’s life is perfect. When I walk around thinking everyone else’s life is better than mine, it paralyzes me and makes me feel like a failure. Sure there are things I need to work on, like patience with my husband. But instead of letting that define me as a bad wife in a bad marriage, I see it as a call to action. And then real improvement can happen. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries and click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Who Holds the Key to Your Heart?, by Lysa TerKeurst

A Heart of Contentment, a free devotion by Susanne Scheppman

Visit Lysa’s Blog


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a bad attitude Dec.23,2008 going to work to clean for my handicapped friend. She wanted to go to the mall and it was raining and snowing and just miserable. I called a friend to tell her to pray for me and She too had had a bad attitude that same day. I hung up the phone and turned on my car radio and this devotion was what I heard. God was sure talking to us that day. I called my friend back and told her of the devotion and we laughted and knew God was with us.
nancy shoemaker

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits