But I Want What She Has
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever felt a little envious of a friend’s life? I know I have. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ve definitely had those pangs of envy when another person’s life is going better than mine somehow. Maybe a friend’s child reads well above grade level and just loves books while my child struggles. My house is fine until a friend redecorates her kitchen and suddenly mine feels outdated. My weight doesn’t bother me until a friend gets very motivated and drops from a size 12 to a 4 and I wonder why I can’t be more disciplined.

When these feelings creep in, I have to train my brain to stop the dangerous thoughts right away by reminding myself of what I DO have. Instead of camping out on what’s lacking, I start thanking God for my child’s amazing creativity, a home that’s comfortable, and a healthy body.

For more life encouragement, visit Proverbs 31Ministies on-line at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Cultivating Contentment, free devotion by Karen Ehman

Visit Lysa’s blog

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits