But I Don’t Want to Wait
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Timing can be frustrating. When it isn't right, you have to wait. And waiting’s hard. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Last night my daughter Brooke had a friend sleep over and I let them bake a cake.

Soon there was whipping and stirring and giggling and tasting.

But it’s hard to smell a cake baking and not want to rush the process. The directions said how long to let the cake bake. But it smelled done, and it looked done. So, the bakers talked an older sister into removing the cake from the oven. They flipped it out of the pan, covered it with icing and grabbed two plates.

Suddenly, the cake became a sink hole. It just couldn’t hold up under the weight of its undone center.

There's a lesson there. I need to wait for God to say the timing’s right before I force things to happen on my own and then watch them collapse! For more, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Longing Wrapped in a Wait, a free devotion by Amy Carroll


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits