How Do You Do It?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

How do you keep order in your life? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When people find out I have five kids, write books, and head a national ministry their first question is always how in the world do I do all that? First of all, I assure them that there are always plenty of things that I don’t get done. Just like you, I always have more items on my to-do list than I can ever finish. On top of that, I always underestimate the amount of time it will take to get something accomplished. Still, there are three rules I try to live by that help keep my never-ending task list in perspective. First, I like to have a plan to get things done. Second, I try to delegate by giving some of my tasks to other people. And finally, I’ve made peace with the fact that with everything I have going on, some things just aren’t going to get done. For more encouragement for your busy life, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Women Who Do Too Much, by Patricia Sprinkle

A Woman’s Secret to a Balanced Life, by Lysa TerKeurst and Sharon Jaynes

Persevering In Prayer, Free Online ETC Corner Devotion, January 2006, by Cheri Fuller


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I recently 'stumbled' upon the Proverbs31 Ministries website. I do believe it was God sent for me. I'd prayed, literally, the day prior about finding resources to help me in my professional growth as well as in serving as the single mother's ministry leader in my church.

I know that there is so much that I can do and this website has helped me tremendously already! Today's message "How Do You Do It?" is a prime example of how God works in our lives when we seek Him. Our next session will deal with how we organize our lives, creating functional spaces, teaching our children how to be organized, and doing things in an as orderly fashion as possible.

Thank you Proverbs 31, this message is right on time!

-Marie,
Memphis, TN

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits