Holiday Decorations
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

If I ever forget that we all have different personalities, I just have to look down my street at Christmastime! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Some neighbors simply hang a wreath on the front door. Some hang bows on columns and light candles in windows. Others can’t seem to put enough stuff in their yards. First there are the three giant sized inflatable characters. Next, a dozen candy canes lining the sidewalk. Then out come the five trillion lights, and, oh MY, the house is certainly, um…festive.

I sometimes catch myself thinking critical thoughts about others holiday decorations. Have you ever done that? I try to remind myself that God has given us different personality styles that affect the way we operate - and decorate - differently. Some like to make a loud statement. Others prefer simplicity. Instead of wishing they would decorate like I do, I want to learn to appreciate our differences the way Jesus does and celebrate the many expressions of Christmas! For more holiday encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Judge Not!, Free Online Daily Devotion, June 7, 2007, by Glynnis Whitwer

Celebrating A Christ Centered Christmas, by Sharon Jaynes

Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits