Trash Overflowing
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

Sometimes my family gets so busy we forget to take out the trash! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. One morning we woke up to the smell of stinky trash our dog had strewn all over the kitchen. It smelled horrible! If only we hadn’t neglected that minor chore.

As I picked up the trash, I thought about other areas of my life I may be neglecting. During times when I can’t seem to keep up with everything and everybody, I can allow trash to build up in my heart – such as unforgiveness, anger, resentment, and jealousy.

Yesterday’s problems and last week’s disappointments can litter our thoughts and make a big mess. Just like my overturned wastebasket, our emotional garbage leaves a horrible odor when it spills on the people we love most. Let’s ask God to empty any trash that may be accumulating in our hearts today! For more encouragement, visit proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Running on Empty, by Arron Chambers

Make Rest, Not War”, August 31, 2006, Online Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits