Hot or Cold Faith
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles

The weather this time of year can be so unpredictable – one day it’s hot, and the next day it’s cool. I wonder if God ever feels that way about me and my faith in Him. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. It seems like one day I’m all excited and on fire for God, and the next day I’m cold and bitter because circumstances in my life have changed. When my faith feels cold, is it because God’s glowing love has moved away from me, or because I’ve moved away from God? Well, God never changes, so I can be sure HE didn’t move! Instead, I’m the one who’s allowed my faith to be shaken by life’s ups and downs. Have you experienced a few cold days lately when it comes to your faith? The things that always help me find warmth again are reading the Bible and talking honestly to God in prayer.

For more encouragement on keeping your heart on fire for God, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
What Caused My Fire To Lose Its Glow, May 25, 2006, Online Devotion

Women’s Devotional Bible

God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits