Withholding Kisses
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

When my youngest son gets mad at me, he withholds his kisses! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Andrew usually bars me from his affection as an act of retaliation when I’ve disciplined him or said no to something he wanted. It’s one of the only ways he can retaliate without getting into trouble! As much as I want his sweet little kisses, I know he needs to learn that he can’t have everything he wants.

Recently Andrew’s retaliation made me wonder - Do I ever withhold my prayers, my gratitude, or even my affection toward God because I’m upset that things haven’t gone my way? Just as I know what’s best for my children, I’m learning to trust that my Heavenly father knows what’s best for me. To keep myself from feeling separated from HIM and missing out on HIS affection, I’m learning to spend time with God and shower my love on Him no matter how I feel about what He’s doing or not doing in my life! For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

What Happens When Women Walk In Faith, by Lysa Terkeurst

Gutter Free Online Devotion

God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits